Global Fund HIV prevention programme
Date : 18-Oct-2018 17:36 pm
Location : Yangon, Myanmar
The KP led CBOs have strong experience in reaching the targeted key populations, who normally are isolated from the society. That is why Alliance Myanmar is working with different CBOs in different townships.
The following services are provided by through those CBOs.
1. Peer education through outreached activities along with online social media and applications. 2. HE group sessions to discuss HIV, STI and SRHR issues along with sexuality and rights issues, to address stigma and discrimination towards key populations and to develop positive self-esteem among key populations.
3. HIV testing and referral for STI screening and treatment,
4. Referral for ART treatment for positive clients
5. Home visit for psychosocial and ART adherence counselling
6. Hospitalization support to needy PLHIV
7. Nutrition support to ill PLHIV
8. Transportation support to ill PLHIV
9. Distribution of Condoms and lubricants or IEC materials in peer outreached and HE group session
Based on learning and experiences, Alliance Myanmar and its partners decided to add some innovations to reach out new key population targets. An online application called “4 smart youth” was developed targeting young key populations. There, Users can find information on HIV, SRH, and service providers. They can ask questions and hotline numbers are provided.
A Facebook page was also created where they can find information and ask questions, and users can find links to the online application and hotline numbers.
An enhanced outreach case management approach at township level is used to ensure clients get necessary support.
(1) MSM partners – The HELP, KhineHnin Si, MeeEain Shin Lay Myar, Lotus, Myitta Sa Ta Man, Rays of Light, Phoenix, Shwe Zeyar.
(2) FSW partners – Sabai Phyu, Yin KhatPann, Myitta Shin, Parchan Baydar, Phoenix, Shwe Zeyar.